Monday, March 24, 2014

re-appearing


A little sunshine (although temperatures were only in the upper 20s), and my trusty old camera (I'm still using the one I bought back in 2005!) persuaded me to bundle up and take a little walk yesterday.


I think it was these gorgeous flowers my daughter received from her boyfriend that finally convinced me that Spring must be on the way.  :)   Aren't they beautiful!?!


I've lived most of my life around the Great Lakes, so one of my favorite places to see is the lakefront along Lake Michigan.  This part of the art museum looked so spectacular against the blue sky, I had to take a photo.  This museum is a local treasure, inside and out.


There's still lots of ice.




The wind was brisk and cold, but I hardly noticed.  Just look at those blues!


The snow fences are still up, but other than this little bit of graffiti, the lakefront area was very clean.  I was glad to see that.


The lighthouse on the hill looked especially fabulous yesterday.


There is a lovely park surrounding the lighthouse, guarded by several of these wonderful lions.  It's such a nice touch you don't see too often anymore.

So!  I think my long period of hibernation might finally be over!


Thanks for stopping by.  See you again soon, I hope!


16 comments:

  1. that blue sky is gold! i can feel the chill, angela, but also the promise.

    i will be glad if you are back on the blogs. we've lost many of us to Facebook, i think. I tend to post less often myself, but the blogs will always be my first love.

    you look so happy in this photo. i am smiling back.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my Twinkly Twin! Yes, that blue sky was amazing!

      I think you're right, that many have moved on to Facebook and other social networks. I don't have the time it takes to be "seen" on Facebook enough to be noticed, I guess. :) But I'm always glad when someone takes the time to to see me and comment here or there. :)

      Happy. Yes. :) I've decided to smile whenever possible. Smiling at you right now, in fact. :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. great photos, and a gorgeous selfie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know the place you've shared well thanks for the beauty in the blue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so lucky to have such a beautiful public lakefront - and just a "few" miles north of you! I'm glad you enjoyed the blue, too. :) My eyes can't get enough of it.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Well hello there Angela! So glad the sun has called you out. I love to be outside even when it is cold. You just have to bundle up real good.

    Your photos are all so lovely...especially the ones of you and the tree against the icy lake! Your museum looks like a magnificent ship. Makes me miss lake Ontario, which is near where I was born.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Yes, I prefer the cold to heat and humidity, too. :) It's easier to bundle up!
      xo

      Delete
  5. The museum has really interesting architecture! I hope I get the chance to see it in person some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah! I hope you get to see our gorgeous art museum one day, too. :) This newer addition (the "brise soleil") was designed by the Spanish architect and sculptor Santiago Calatrava, and it looks spectacular along our beautiful lakefront.

      Delete
  6. Das ist eine sehr schöne Meditation! Ich danke Dir, Angela, dass ich mit Dir diesen "gefühlten" Ausflug ins BLAUE machen konnte.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie, Glad to see your smiling face! Beautiful photos, all.
    Love and hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sweetie! I was going to remove my selfies from this post today, but now I guess I'll leave them here for a while longer. :)
      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I truly enjoy reading your comments.

PLEASE NOTE: Comments will appear after blog owner approval.